Bowmont Travel Clinic continues to offer travel services and welcomes new patients to join our clinic for all present and future travel services.
- Please remove outside shoes in inclimate weather, especially winter. Please bring inside shoes or slippers during these times.
We vaccinate everyone, including children of all ages.
We are one of the few places left that vaccinate kids.
Coronavirus – Pneumonia
If you have a cough and fever, you need to advise Bowmont at the time of booking an appointment so that we can take precautions when you arrive at the office. You will need to identify yourself when you book and arrive at the office.
Click here for Q&A on coronaviruses – World Health Organization (WHO)
Appointments are approximately 40 minutes.
- Civil Aviation Medical and OGUK / UKOOA Medical appointment times vary.
- Travel Consultation and Travel Booster appointments are available
- Walk-ins Available for Boosters.
- For Travel Consults, we are able to accommodate appointments on Short Notice.
Call 403.247.0787 (select 3 to book an appointment)
Do I need an Appointment?
Yes, if you will be traveling outside of Canada, you should be aware of what immunizations are recommended. We have last minute appointments available.
What will I learn at the Appointment?
Our travel staff will review your itinerary, give you current information on what communicable diseases are prevalent and what immunizations you will need for your destination. We also have available brochures and handouts to help you stay healthy during your travels. You will also be given advice on Malaria and Travelers Diarrhea.
How do I make an Appointment?
Please call the clinic at (403) 247-0787 (select 3) and ask for an appointment with the travel clinic. Our staff will do their best to accommodate you. We are currently working on an online booking system so stay tuned.
Ten Health Tips for Travelers
- Consult with a Health Care Professional.
- Acclimatize & Prepare.
- Protect yourself from insects.
- Wear protective footwear.
- Ensure that your water is purified.
- Consume well cooked food.
- Wash it, peel it or forget it.
- Remember your prophylactics.
- Avoid swimming in fresh water.
- Consider carefully your means of transportation.